Food - The Oxo Tower Brasserie

October 10, 2014


I've eaten at a few nice London restaurants over the past few years but I think the Oxo Tower has to be one of my favourites.



It was my 21st Birthday back in March and my Mum kept asking me where I wanted to go for lunch on the day, a family tradition of ours. We've got some old favourites that we always go to but I wanted somewhere new for a change. I'd heard good things about the Oxo Tower on the river; it's owned by Harvey Nichols and has two restaurants, the brasserie and the restaurant. We discovered that the restaurant is more fine dining, good for another time perhaps but we wanted somewhere a bit more relaxed and much preferred the look of the menu for the Brasserie. We got booked in and in the end it was perfect!

My Birthday was on a Friday so my Dad and Ben took the day off work and my Brother even missed a day of Sixth Form so we could go all go up to London together. We got the train in and walked along the river. The London skyline never gets old. 



I love the big glass windows to look over the river and the city. In the summer you can sit outside on the terrace and watch the boats go past. It would be amazing at night too.

We sat in the bar to start with and ordered drinks. Birthday champagne, it would be rude not to..



The menu was amazing, I could have ordered everything I think! And all five of us said we couldn't fault anything with any of our food it was all so good. For starters I had griddled tiger prawns but also tried some of the raw beef salad with glass noodles, both were heavenly.



Three of us had various fish dishes for our mains, the tuna was particularly good as was the cod and chorizo, my brother had a burger which looked pretty damn good and my Mum had delicious slow cooked morroccan lamb. The presentation on all of our dishes was pretty yet the portions were still adequate, something that can be a rarity in some fine dining restaurants. 




Family photo, too much love for these four. 


I always look forward to pudding, having such a sweet tooth. This didn't disappoint, with Persian rose candy floss, popping candy and pistachio ice cream and edible micro herbs. Such an amazing combination of flavours. So pretty too! 


I definitely want to go back to the Oxo Tower Brasserie sometime soon, maybe for dinner to see London all twinkly in the dark. Have you got any recommendations? Barbecoa is on my list to blog too, and of course old cheap eat favourites like Wahaca and Leon. Got to love London if you're a foodie!

The Oxo Tower, South Bank. Website here.

R <3 xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks lovely! Looking forward to hearing what you thought of Barbecoa. We really enjoyed it and the view of St Paul's is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not the food only that is looking great but the location of this restaurant is also wonderful. I am a very choosy person and that is the reason I do not like so many places except Boston restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

@rvk_loves on Instagram